Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Weekend at Wellesley

Another Tuesday, another weekend recap. I should be cramming for my upcoming AP exams (my first one is in a week and a day), but instead I'm writing this post, procrastinating until my friend gets here so we can procrastinate some more group study. 

Anyway, back to the weekend. My dad and I drove up to Wellesley College in Massachusetts for a college visit. The college had a nicely planned all-day admissions event for us!

But first came the trip there. The traffic was horrible- it extended the grueling journey by over an hour. 


On the road by the GW Bridge!



When we arrived we grabbed dinner at a vegetarian and vegan restaurant.  The food was good, but we preferred the appetizers over the entrees. How were those stuffed mushrooms and nachos vegetarian?

Check out the orchid they topped my entree with!


The next morning we attended the admissions event at Wellesley. The campus is beautiful!


















After the conclusion of the admission event we visited the college's greenhouse. I kinda went crazy with the pics here!






















Then we went to Walden Pond, where Henry David Thoreau, the famous naturalist and Transcendentalist, lived for two years while documenting his stay in the famous book Walden. Props to me for hiking the whole way around the lake in my slightly heeled ankle boots!
















The original site of Thoreau's cabin! It's empty now.

Then we went to a place called Asia Bistro for dinner. It was pretty damn good! 

Obligatory restaurant bathroom selfie.

They had a little aquarium! Check out this super cool fish!

And that was it! We drove home the next morning. I had to go home and write an essay. Ugh.

How was you guys' weekend? Let me know down below! Until next time! xx

-Amulya


No comments:

Post a Comment