Friday, April 10, 2015

Now Playing: Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

Hey y'all! I'm back from my spring break vaca! (More on that coming soon.) Now I'm back at home to study for upcoming AP exams. Fun. 

Before I left I picked up a few new tunes. At dinner one night I lazily plopped myself in front of the TV and turned on HBO. Last year's Jersey Boys was on. I perked up and continued watching for a bit, since it reminded me that earlier the music in the trailer had inspired me to make a mental note to watch it at some point.


Source

The movie documents the rise and fall of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons in the 1950s and 60s. The four-man group went through some tough times and churned out some huge hits during this time. While the movie was interesting, it isn't necessarily the best depiction out there (at least, in my opinion). However, it does make for a few good live show scenes. Plus, you find out some interesting facts, like where the name of the group originated!


Source

My favorite songs that were shown in the movie are "Sherry" and "Big Girls Don't Cry". These two were two of the Four Seasons' biggest hits. With their swingy doo-wop feel and energetic vibe, it's easy to see how this group contributed to the early rock'n'roll scene. It was really refreshing to find some quality music from older times amidst all of the newer stuff I've been listening to. Find the two tunes I just mentioned and a few more of the Four Seasons' biggest hits below!



So, which tune was your favorite? Are you already a fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons? And what have you guys done over spring break? Comment down below! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment