Monday, December 30, 2013

New York in Plant Form

Wow, I've been doing a lot of posts on myself lately. I guess I've actually been doing things.

Yesterday I went to the New York Botanical Garden to see their Holiday Train Show. It's an exhibition that showcases models famous buildings in NYC that are constructed entirely of plant materials. The detailing is so intricate and beautiful and there was so much to see. In addition to this, trains (hence the name) are placed around the entire exhibition, constantly weaving in and out of plants and around buildings. The backdrop of lush rainforest plants, holiday lights, and seasonal music added to the experience. 

We were welcomed by this nice lady on stilts.
Macy's
Observatory rotunda
Lady Liberty


A brighter shot of the rotunda
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Pretty palm leaves catching the light.
The New York Public Library
The Guggenheim Museum
The Washington Arch (Photo creds to my little brother)
Penn Station
The Manhattan Bridge
The William K. Vanderbilt Mansion
The Brooklyn Bridge and a few other landmarks
There goes a train...
The Hurst-Pierrepont Estate
The Trans World Airlines Flight Center
Oh, don't mind me (or perhaps, my attempt at) being artsy.

Japanese pagoda




The waterfall is so clear you can barely see it.
Lilac is the color of 2014.
Kodak moment.

Click here for the full slideshow; I didn't include all of my shots here.



So what do you guys think? Have you ever been to NYBG before? Comment below and email me at leatherandrouge@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment