Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday Munchies: Frozen Yogurt Bites


I haven't mentioned this before, so know this: I looove experimenting with food. And eating it. (I mean, who doesn't?)

Problem is, I'm a really low-maintenance girl. Unless I really get into it, nothing I do should take more than 10 minutes, whether it be my hair, makeup, or food. When it comes to making food, if the preparation takes more than 10 minutes, I'm out. That's why I made these frozen yogurt bites. They're so quick and easy (take it from me), delicious, and best of all, healthy. It doesn't hurt that you can personalize this recipe. Read on to find out how to whip these up.


Tools:

  • 2 small or medium sized spoons
  • 1 ice cube tray
  • Tupperware container for storage

Ingredients: 

  • Enough yogurt, your choice of flavor(s), to fill up an entire ice cube tray (Roughly 2 to 2.5 single serve containers- may vary by size of your ice cube tray) I recommend Greek yogurt because it's super healthy (especially the fat-free varieties) and has a rich, creamy texture. If you don't have it on hand or have your own preferences, feel free to use whatever type of yogurt you please. 
  • Jar of Nutella (You definitely won't need the whole thing- it's just easier to handle this way)

Directions:

1) Spoon yogurt into ice tray.



Make sure the yogurt doesn't quite reach the top of the mold so it has room to expand when it freezes and for the Nutella later. I used three flavors from three brands: vanilla Yoplait, key lime Oikos, and Raspberry Chobani. Like I said before, though, do what you want!



2) Add the Nutella.


Messy much?
Now, use the other spoon to take a small amount of Nutella and drop it in the center of each mold. You can use as much as you want-- just try to keep the molds from overflowing. Also, if you don't like Nutella as much as me, you can use something similar like peanut butter (actually, as you can see below I used that for the vanilla) or just anything that will freeze well. You can really get creative- if I wanted to switch things up, I'd use white chocolate fudge with the key lime yogurt and jelly with the raspberry flavor!


Peanut butter + vanilla= mm mm mm.

3) Pop it in the freezer!



Now all you have to do is wait for an agonizing 1-2 hours or until frozen solid.

4) Enjoy(:



Trust me, you will. Even my skeptical father gave in after a few of these. The yogurt is so good, and the thick texture of the Nutella is amazing.  

5) Last but not least, storage!



I used a Tupperware container. Anything that seals tight and is freezer safe works.

One more thing: For more great recipes, visit my friend Julia at her blog Sweet Cheetah! Her blog is all about healthy but delicious eating.

So, are you guys gonna try this out? If you do, let me know how it goes! Do you have any other favorites? Comment below and email me at leatherandrouge@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment